Our rides these days seems to need a name. With strava and everyone posting their rides, you want to show everyone how fun your ride was, but it seems you need a catchy name too. Well, I guess I've fallen into the trap. Here are some recent ride names I've come up with since the beginning of this year....they all have some "inner meaning" and I'm sure you can figure some of them out. Sorry if they are too esoteric! You can find them all at my strava page (http://www.strava.com/athletes/77170). I hope it's more than "a ride is just a ride is just a ride"!
What's that mean?? It's vernacular in cycling for being at the back of the race! You are beat, you've bonked, you have a mechanical or you are just too old to keep up anymore. It's all the same...you are "off the back again"! The blog has many cycling posts, but it's not exclusively about cycling. Enjoy and send comments!!
Friday, April 25, 2014
What's in a (Bike Ride) Name?
Our rides these days seems to need a name. With strava and everyone posting their rides, you want to show everyone how fun your ride was, but it seems you need a catchy name too. Well, I guess I've fallen into the trap. Here are some recent ride names I've come up with since the beginning of this year....they all have some "inner meaning" and I'm sure you can figure some of them out. Sorry if they are too esoteric! You can find them all at my strava page (http://www.strava.com/athletes/77170). I hope it's more than "a ride is just a ride is just a ride"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment