Thursday, January 7, 2016

Where Have I Been? Where Am I Going?

It's been awhile since I posted....three months?  Oops!  Well, that confirms I'm not the social media person I could be.  I guess I'd rather be on my bike!  It's 2016 now.....2015 did turn out to be a great riding year!   More than 7600 miles ridden and over 500K feet climbed this year according to strava (really, the only social media I've been paying attention to).  For these last three months, nothing that out of the ordinary happened.  We rode to Davis again from Berkeley and I got to ride with recently retired local pro Freddie Rodriguez in a 50 mile fundraiser ride in Napa with my friend Amy as my stoker...my first real tandem ride in years!  I guess that counts as cool!  Here are a few good pics I took on Fall rides, including some from Freddie's ride!

New England Fall (Ledyard, CT in October)
New Year's Eve Ride in Sonoma (Nellingham Rd, Kenwood)
Christmas Eve, Richmond Marina (Ok, does this mean the drought is over?)
Mike and Amy finishing up Fast Freddie's Ride in Napa (Yountville)
Amy and Mike, Yountville
Mike taken by stoker Amy on Fast Freddie's Ride in Napa near Conn Dam
Amy, Freddie and Mike after the ride
The big news post-New Year's Day wasn't really cycling related.  But it could affect a whole lot in 2016 related to cycling!  I followed through with my new year's resolution and announced my retirement from work!!  Plenty of years in "gummint" and other milestones conspired to let me move on with my life.  I'll be finishing up at the end of April and that could mean lots of cool, unscripted, longer rides this year.  Keep tuned to this blog and strava!  (https://www.strava.com/athletes/77170) .  And check out this silly little Strava "My Big Adventure".  It has some nice stats, but they need to work on this a bit!  http://2015.strava.com/video/iJ7JrnE

In the meantime, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment