April 15, 2013
I did the Boston Marathon in 2001. It hurt (!), but was quite the accomplishment that I will never forget it. I lived on Newbury Street at the corner of Dartmouth back in the 70's during my sophomore year at Northeastern. This is directly behind the marathon finish line. It is a beautiful neighborhood that was far too nice for my patrician budget and tastes in those days. At the time, I couldn't really afford it nor appreciate it. I didn't know how lucky I was to live there.
Today was the double explosion at the Boston Marathon finish line. So far, a few people have died and over 100 were injured, some very seriously. Whoever set the bombs off was disgusting and cowardly. It made no logical sense. It had no purpose. It is a sad time and my heart goes out to the victims and all of my Boston friends, relatives and its residents who were violated by this act. Here is a picture of the BAA logo from my jacket from that run 12 years ago. I'll be proudly wearing it tomorrow and in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment